Indian Luxury Trains have made a name for themselves and most are already in the top 10s and 20s brackets. Since the launch of the Palace on Wheels way back in 1982, one train after another has carried the same legacy forward. One such train is the Royal Rajasthan on Wheels, a resplendent luxury train reminiscent of the regal era of the erstwhile Rajput Maharajas. This post talks about the various facilities on board the Royal Rajasthan on Wheels.
|Deluxe Twin suite Pearl on board Royal Rajasthan on wheels|
True to its name, if there is one word to best describe this train, it is “royal”. As is also evident from the various facilities on board, the Royal Rajasthan on Wheels indulges its guests and caters to their every possible whim. Enlisted below are a few facilities exclusive to the guests of Royal Rajasthan enroute this incredible journey:
- 13 imperially decorated luxury coaches, each named after a famous Rajput palace. Hawa Mahal, Kumbha Palace, Jal Mahal, Padmini Mahal, Kishori Mahal, Umaid Palace, Phool Mahal, Lalgarh Palace and others. The super deluxe coach is aptly named after the Taj Mahal.
- All carriages are Wi-Fi enabled, offering virtual connectivity round the clock.
- Individual climate control option for each cabin with a separate electronic safe for storing valuables. Silk and velvet comforter sets add to the royal charm of the interiors.
- Foreign Exchange counters have been set up for guests at all partner hotels. Airport transfers are also arranged for the train’s guests.
- Spa: A well equipped spa is housed in a separate carriage and offers Ayurvedic massages and other wellness therapies from different cultures to soothe mind, body and soul. Reservations can be made on board.
- Dining: The train has two restobars, Sheesh Mahal and Swarn Mahal, serving delectable Rajasthani, Indian, Mughlai and Continental cuisines. Fitting to their names, Sheesh Mahal is adorned in glass and crystal while Swarn Mahal has gold as its theme.
- Bar and Lounge: Both Swarn and Sheesh Mahal serve domestic and international brands of liquor. Some of the finest wines can be savored when aboard the Royal Rajasthan on Wheels.
- Guests can shop for souvenirs such as cruet sets, beer mugs, embossed leather jewelry box etc. on board
|Sheesh Mahal Restaurant on board the Royal Rajasthan on wheels train|
It is not without a reason that a journey aboard the Royal Rajasthan is one to cherish forever. The staff, one of the most courteous you’ll ever see, is another USP of this luxury train. Bookings are open round the year and it is advisable to make reservations at least 3-4 months ahead of the scheduled departure. Fxirst hand information about the Royal Rajasthan on Wheels and other Indian Luxury Trains can be accessed at www.indianluxurytrains.com. Bon Voyage!