Royal Rajasthan on Wheels is a popular name in the segment of luxury train tour. The brain child of Rajasthan Tourism and Development Corporation (RTDC) and the Indian Railways, Royal Rajasthan on Wheels was launched to accommodate the growing demand of luxury rail journeys in Rajasthan. Its launch was planned due to the exceptional popularity attained by Palace on Wheels for its opulence, refinement and facilities and its lucrative admirers were finding it difficult to get a vacant seat.
|Deluxe Saloon:The Extraordinary Suite on board Roayal Rajasthan on Wheels|
Therefore in 2009, RTDC decided to launch another luxury tourist train in Rajasthan to increase foreign tourism in Rajasthan. The makers of Royal Rajasthan on Wheels train left no stone unturned to make it ten times more luxurious than Palace on Wheels. All the furnishings and facilities were infused with minute detailing and utmost care. In this blog, I have listed some key facilities and services provided on board this Indian luxury train.
- 13 tastefully decorated deluxe saloons, each of which is named after some erstwhile palace of Rajputana rulers which include Hawa Mahal, Chandra Mahal, Surya Mahal, Moti Mahal, Sukh Mahal, Jal Mahal, Padmini Mahal, Kishori Mahal, Phool Mahal, Jogi Mahal, Kumbha Palace, Umaid Palace and Lalgarh Palace. However, the name of super deluxe coach draws inspiration from the ‘epic monument’ Taj Mahal.
- All the cabins have an option of individual climate control and an electronic safe for storing expensive items. Silk draperies, bedding and upholstery add to the refinement of these cabins.
- All the rooms are Wi-Fi enabled providing round the clock connectivity and 110/220 sockets facilitating all kinds of plug-ins.
- The train promotes healthy living with Royal Spa, gymnasium and it’s no smoking train initiative.
- The train has two restro-bars- Swarn Mahal and Sheesh Mahal-serves Indian, European, Continental and Rajasthani delicacies along with international wines and spirits. All meals are served in delicate hand-made cutlery.
- Guests can purchase for souvenir items and keepsakes such as Beer Mug, Leather Photo Frame, Cruet Set and Jewelry Box among others.