10 Best Places to Visit in India in March with Family
Summers will get hotter with time, and March is the month, which rests on the edge of summer and spring. Hence, March is one of the most enjoyable months to experience the best of India. So, say goodbye to the chilling winter and get ready to welcome the fresh sunshine. Get sun-kissed and be ready for a memorable vacation with some of the best places to visit in India in March.
From wondrous places to tour, interesting things to do, there is no dearth of places to visit in India during summer. These must-visit places in India offer experiences, which you would have never had before. Get ready to awe yourself with one of the best destinations that give you an exceptional impression. Acknowledged for its rich culture, and diversity you get to explore while on your trip to India in March.
10 Best Places to Visit in India in March
Here is the list of the best places to visit in March in India that you might not want to miss this year. Check out the list and decide what all places are you going to tour. You will find several places, where you can create a wonderful holiday album. Take a look at this splendid list of the best places to visit in March in India!
- Jaipur – Historically Significant City
- Rishikesh – For Adventurous Activities
- Mathura – A Cultural Delight
- Kodaikanal – Beautiful Landscapes
- Chikmagalur – Relax in Nature
- Wayanad – For a Rejuvenating Experience
- Munnar – Paradise for Nature Lovers
- Varanasi – Sacred and Serene
- Mount Abu – The Only Hill Station in Rajasthan
- Shillong – A Breathtaking Marvel
1. Jaipur, Rajasthan
March is an ideal month for touring Jaipur city, it attracts tourists to explore its ancient attractions and to know about its rich culture. The weather during this month remains pleasant and allows comfortable sightseeing. Jaipur city is surrounded by various historical monuments and landmarks. The royal culture, bustling markets, and delicious local cuisines at every corner make Jaipur an excellent destination to enjoy the best summer holiday.
- Ideal duration: Ideal duration to visit Jaipur is 2-3 days
- Places to Visit: Some of the most visited places in Jaipur are City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal, Amber Fort, Birla Mandir, and Nahargarh Fort
- Things to Do: There is no dearth of things to do in Jaipur in March. However, you must try activities such as Nahargarh Fort Cycling Expedition, Village Jeep Safari, Nahargarh Sanctuary Jeep Safari, Hot Air Balloon Ride, Shopping, and Many More.
- Places to Stay: Jaipur houses accommodation choices for every budget – something like Royal Heritage Haveli, Jai Mahal Palace, Trident, Hilton Jaipur, Holiday Inn Jaipur City Centre
- Tips: Do not forget to attend the famous Jaipur Elephant festival.
[ Check out Jaipur tour packages at IndianHoliday.com]
2. Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
Evoke your inner adventurer and unwind in a peaceful environment. Rishikesh is one of the important destinations in India, also known as the adventure capital of India. Apart from its best adventure, this city attracts tourists to explore its famous yoga ashrams, meditation spots, and temples.
- Ideal duration: 3-4 days are enough to visit Rishikesh.
- Places to Visit: Lakshman Jhula, Neelkanth Mahadev Temple, Ram Jhula, Triveni Ghat, Parmarth Niketan, Bharat Mandir, Tera Manzil Temple, and Swargashram are some of the best places to visit in Rishikesh.
- Things to Do: There are plenty of things to do in Rishikesh you can Go for River Rafting, experience, Bungee Jumping, Camping on the banks of the Ganga, and enjoy trekking, and landscape photography, yoga, and meditation on your Rishikesh trip.
- Places to Stay: Some of the best places to stay in Rishikesh are Royal Heritage Haveli, Jai Mahal Palace, Trident, Hilton Jaipur, and Holiday Inn Jaipur City Centre.
- Tips: Be a part of the International Yoga Festival
3. Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
If we talk about religious places in India to visit in March then perhaps Mathura would top the list and why not! It is the sacred city where Lord Krishna was born. Owing to its bathing Ghats and temples, Mathura holds great religious importance for The Hindus. It is one of the best places to visit with family in March. Be it vegetarian foods, rich art, ethnicity, or anything else, this holy city offers a unique experience.
- Ideal duration: 2-3 days are enough to visit Mathura.
- Places to Visit: Dwarkadhish Temple, Peepleshwar Mahadev Temple, Govardhan Hill, Shri Krishna Janmasthan Temple, and Vishram Ghat are some of the must-visit places in Mathura.
- Things to Do: There are several things to do in Mathura, activities like exploring Kan’s Quila, trekking at Govardhan hills, landscape photography, shopping, and temple tour can be done here.
- Places to Stay: Hotels like Centrum Hotel by Brijwasi, Kishan Home Stay, Fab Hotel Aakarshan Paradise, The Radha Ashok, and Brijwasi Royal are some of the best places to stay in Mathura.
- Tips: Be a part of Lathmar Holi
4. Kodaikanal , Tamil Nadu
Wondering where to go in March in India? Well, visit Kodaikanal. The lush greenery, tranquil lakes, rolling hillsides, gushing waterfall, and exotic birds flawlessly define Kodaikanal. This south Indian hill station has so much to offer that you will be overwhelmed, and you may get tired but would never be bored. Kodaikanal is a paradise for nature lover, and visiting this place in March allows experience its best.
- Ideal duration: 2-3 days are enough to visit Kodaikanal
- Places to Visit: Some of the must-visit tourist attractions in Kodaikanal are Green Valley View, Devil’s Kitchen Kodai Lake, Pillars Rocks, Bear Shola Falls, and Thalaiyar Falls.
- Things to Do: Take a scenic walk on Coaker’s Walk, Enjoy boating in Kodaikanal Lake, Explore the Guna Cave, and Trek to Dolphin’s Nose & Echo Point are some of the best things to do in Kodaikanal.
- Places to Stay: There are several hotels and resorts in Kodaikanal. Some of the best places to stay here are Sterling Kodai Lake, Zostel Kodaikanal, Western Valley Homestays, Villa Retreat – Boutique Hotel, and Cloudwalks Kodaikanal.
- Tips: Stay at a homestay for a local experience.
5. Chikmagalur, Karnataka
A beautiful hill station located in the foothills of the Mullayanagiri Range in Karnataka. The epitome of beauty is surrounded by various scenic spots. Due to the immense production of coffee, this city is popularly known as the Coffee Land of Karnataka. It offers splendid scenic views and is home to several wild animals. No wonder, the destination is quite famous among adventurers and nature lovers.
- Ideal duration: 2-3 days are sufficient to visit Chikmagalur.
- Places to Visit: Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, Horanadu Annapoorneshwari Temple, Mullayanagiri Peak, Baba Budan Giri, Hebbe Waterfalls, and Sri Veeranarayana Swamy Temple are some of the popular attractions in Chikmagalur.
- Things to Do: There is no dearth of things to do in Chikmagalur in March. However, you must try activities such as Trek to Kudremukh peak, enjoy the scenes of Hirekolale lake, explore the coffee plantation, enjoy scenic views of buttermilk falls, and explore Belavadi and Hale bidu.
- Places to Stay: Some of the best accommodations in Chikmagalur are Trivik Hotels & Resorts, Vismita County, Aadrika, Mountain Valley Chikmagalur, and Treebo Trend Sunrise
- Tips: Carry good pair of boots for a joyful trekking
6. Wayanad, Kerala
Wayanad or green paradise is one of the best tourist destinations in India. This picture-perfect destination is one of the best places to visit in India in March. If you are looking for a peaceful respite along with natural beauty then a trip to Wayanad will definitely satisfy your wanderlust. Feel rejuvenated inside out with various Ayurveda treatments. Roam around the lush green spice plantation or simply enjoy the scenic views. Tourists who prefer visiting the Western Ghats must visit Wayanad to enjoy pleasant weather during March.
- Ideal duration: 3-4 days are enough to visit Wayanad
- Places to Visit: There are plenty of places to visit in Wayanad some of the best attractions include Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Banasura Sagar Dam, Chembra Peak, Soochipara Falls, Phantom Rock Kuruva Island, Edakkal Caves, Chain Tree, Pookode Lake, Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary, Neelimala View Point
- Things to Do: There is a myriad of things to do in Wayanad, activities like Trekking to Neelimala View Point, Wildlife Safari at Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary, landscape photography, and exploring Edakkal Caves can be enjoyed here.
- Places to Stay: LakeRose Wayanad Resort, Sterling Wayanad, Vythiri Village Resort, and Pugmarks Jungle Lodge are some of the best places to stay in Wayanad.
- Tips: If you want to stay close to nature, then stay at some best Jungle lodge
7. Munnar, Kerala
A wonderful town in Kerala and one of the famous hill stations in Kerala. Munnar is renowned for its rare medicinal plants, herbs such as Cardamom, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Cocoa tree, Kayam, Fig tree, Neelakurinji, and lush-green tea plantations too. Apart from that, the town is full of natural beauty. Enjoy your peaceful respite and explore the beauty of Munnar.
- Ideal duration: 3-4 days are enough to visit Munnar
- Places to Visit: Pothamedu View Point, Lakkom Waterfalls, Echo Point, Anamudi, Devikulam, Blossom ParkKundala Lake, Eravikulam National Park, Attukal Waterfalls, TATA Tea Museum, Top Station, Mattupetty Dam, Photo Point, and Meesapulimala are some of the best places to visit in Munnar.
- Things to Do: Explore Kolukkumalai Tea Plantations, experience Mountain Biking, trek to Anamudi Peak, and enjoy the Shikara Ride in Kundala Lake are some of the best things to do in Munnar.
- Places to Stay: Amber Dale Luxury Hotel and Spa, Parakkat Nature Hotels & Resorts, The Tall Trees Munnar, The Leaf Munnar
- Tips: Experience something unique by starting in a treehouse
8. Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
A culturally rich town nestled in the northern Indian state, dating to the 11th century B.C. Varanasi is also known as the city of lights and is commonly called Benares. Holding a huge spiritual significance. A large number of tourists around the world come here to witness the beauty of the land of Lord Shiva. The pleasant weather of March, warm hospitality, and spirituality will make it difficult for you to say goodbye to this place.
- Ideal duration: 3-4 days are enough to visit Varanasi
- Places to Visit: Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Ganga Ghats, Sarnath, and Ramnagar Fort are some of the must-visit attractions in Varanasi.
- Things to Do: Boating on the river Ganges, exploring ancient temples, and roaming around ghats are some of the best things to do in Varanasi.
- Places to Stay: Taj Ganges, Hotel Varanasi Inn, Radisson Hotel Varanasi, Hotel Heritage Inn, and Hotel Ganges Grand are some of the best places to stay in Varanasi.
- Tips: Do not forget to attend the Ganga aarti at the popular ghats of Varanasi
9. Mount Abu, Rajasthan
An oasis of tranquility embedded with pristine lakes, ancient shrines, and emerald green landscape beauty. Mount Abu is the only hill station in Rajasthan and one of the best places to enjoy a summer vacation in India. Located in the Sirohi district, this hill station is surrounded by beautiful temples and pristine lakes, and other natural beauty. The calm atmosphere of Mount Abu is perfect for tourists looking for a relaxing and rejuvenating trip.
- Ideal duration: 1-2 days are enough to visit Mount Abu.
- Places to Visit: Guru Shikhar Peak, Dilwara Jain Temples, Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary, Gaumukh Temple, Mt Abu Bazaar, Arbuda Devi, Sunset Point, Nakki Lake, Peace Park, Achalgarh Fort, Trevor’s Tank, Toad Rock, and Sri Raghunath Temple are some of the famous places to visit in Mount Abu.
- Things to Do: There are a plethora of things to do in Mount Abu. Trek to Guru Shikhar, boating at Nakki Lake, Explore
- Achalgarh Fort, visiting Dhrudhiya Waterfalls, Spot Crocodiles at Trevor’s Tank, and shopping at local markets are some of the best things which can not be missed during the tour.
- Places to Stay: Sterling Mount Abu, Chacha Inn – The Garden Retreat, Hotel Silver Oak, Hotel Ashoka, Hotel Toppers Corner, and Hotel Hilltone are some of the good options to stay in Mount Abu.
- Tips: Be a part of the amazing Gangaur festival and learn the Rajasthani culture.
10. Shillong, Meghalaya
An oasis of tranquility embedded with vibrant culture, mesmerizing waterfalls, clean lakes, beautiful temples, and several other natural beauty. Shillong is popularly known as the ‘Scotland of East’, because of its clean environment and exclusive natural beauty. It is one of the popular hill stations and tourist destinations in northeast India. If you want to enjoy your summer holiday in the lap of nature then Shillong is the place to visit. Shillong is surely a paradise for those who love nature and adventures.
- Ideal duration: 2-3 days are sufficient to visit Shillong.
- Places to Visit: Nohkalikai Falls, Don Bosco Museum, Air Force Museum, Capt. Williamson Sangma State Museum, Wankhar Entomology Museum, and Rhino Heritage Museum are some of the best places to visit in Shillong.
- Things to Do: Kayaking at Kynshi River, boating in Umiam Lake, and angling at Dawki are some of the best things to do in Shillong.
- Places to Stay: Hotel Polo Towers, M Crown Hotel, The Heritage Club-Tripura Castle, Hotel Woodland Hill Stay, and The Habitat Shillong are some of the best places to stay in Shillong.
- Tips: Must visit Mawlynnong, the cleanest village in Asia to admire its beauty.
Are you ready to roll in the magical attraction of India? No matter where you go these top places to visit in India in March will undoubtedly come in handy and offer you a great experience!