This fest is mainly to get together and celebrate the musical heritage of Rajasthan and along with this, also create music using innovative collaborations along with an amazing fusion of local and international folk music.
- When: 29th October to – 2nd November, 2020
- Where: Jodhpur (Rajasthan, India)
Passes for RIFF Jodhpur
|Jodhpur Riff: Folk performane with Mehrangarh Fort in the Backdrop|
- 29th October: Opening Night – Variety City Concert
- 30th & 31st October: Fort Festivities & In Residence – A series of interactive sessions with our custodians of culture
- 30th October: Children’s Folk Morning
- 30th October: RIFF Dawns with the Harijas of the Meghwal of Marwar; Living Legends I; Moody RIFFS – Daya Ram; Maya Kamaty; SPIRO; Manu Chao La Ventura; Desert Lounge (all acoustic, traditional – from Rajasthan).
- 31st October: RIFF Dawns with cousins Imran Khan and Dilshad Khan; Living Legends II; Northern Lights – Daud Khan Sadozai; Linda Gytri; James Mackintosh; Rizwan – Muazzam; EDGE.
- 1st November: RIFF Dawns with the bhajans of brothers Barkat and Jalal Khan; Moonrise with Babunath Jogi; Special Performance; Song, Strum & Beats – Jeff Lang and Bobby Singh; The Manganiyar of Marwar; The Gypsy Allstars; RIFF Rustle at Club Mehran with Cedric Leonardi, James Mackintosh, Kheta Manganiyar, Linda Gytri, Rajasthani musicians and surprise guest artists.
- 2nd November: RIFF Dawns by Bir Singh
RIFF Travel Information
- Where to stay in Jodhpur: Guests interested in attending the RIFF Jodhpur are suggested to make advance booking for accommodation. There are numerous luxury hotels such as Taj Gateway, The Ajit Bhawan, Ranbanka Palace, Rohet Garh, Taj Hari Mahal, Fort Chanwa in Luni, Raas, and Balsamand Lake Palace in Jodhpur. The Umaid Bhawan Palace, official sponsor of RIFF, is also an exceptional accommodation choice.
- How to get to Jodhpur: The 2nd largest city of Rajasthan, Jodhpur, is well connected with by road, rail and air. There are regular flights from Mumbai and Delhi. Apart from this, there are direct trains from almost all major cities of India. In case you choose to travel by road, book taxi in advance as booking becomes a bit difficult during peak season.