In the list of the popular heritage hotels in India, Gajner Palace Bikaner holds a prominent position. Situated on the banks of Gajner Lake and close to the popular Gajner wildlife sanctuary, this heritage property is a wishful choice for the guests looking for elegant heritage accommodation in Bikaner.
A favored hunting resorts for the British, Gajner Palace in Bikaner was also connected to Bikaner Palace via rail line in 1922. The relics of that vintage line are still visible around the palace complex. Gajner palace was constructed with red sandstone that provides a natural red color to the palace.
- Address: P.O. Gajner, Tehsil Kolayat, Bikaner-334001, Rajasthan, India.
- Distance: Airport – 260 km; Railway Station – 32 km.
Sprawled over an area of 6000 acres, the Gajner Palace Bikaner
was one of the prime hunting resorts for various special guests during the British Era. The heritage hotel has also served accommodation to various dignitaries such as Governor General Lord Elgin, Lord Erwin in 1927, Prince of Wales in 1905, Viceroy of India, Lord Mountbatten, and more.
This heritage property has 45 well-furnished rooms categorized into deluxe rooms and suites. The hotel has all modern facilities and services equipped in every room to ensure a comfortable and pleasurable stay to the guests. The interiors of the room also instill the element of lavishness and royalty throughout the stay in the hotel. Each room is exquisitely designed with state-of-the-art amenities.
- Categorization: 13 Historic Suites and 32 Deluxe Rooms
- Number of Wings: 4 (Dungar Niwas, Gulab Niwas, Mandir Chowk, and Champa Niwas)
The in-house dining facility has played a crucial role in ascertaining the element of satisfaction. The hotel includes:
- The Mirage Restaurant: Erstwhile ballroom of the Maharaja has been transformed into multi-cuisine restaurant. Guests could choose from Mughlai, Indian and Continental delicacies. The restaurant is also praised for its extension, Imperial Terrace, designed to make the guests enjoy the folk and tribal performances. The Imperial Terrace has the lake and the sanctuary in the backdrop.
- Mrigtrishna Bar: Desert themed bar is praised for its amazing elegance. This in-house bar is located in the Dungar Niwas wing. Here, the guests could sip their favorite wine and enjoy the cool breezy ambiance.
- Manoranjan Amphitheater: For any events in Gajner Palace, the Manoranjan Amphitheater is simply perfect. This amphitheater is designed to accommodate about 150 guests. Guests could also cherish the lifetime experience of dining at the Sand Dunes. Apart from this, there are Jeep & Camel safari and cultural programs organized to entertain the guests.
Facilities & Services
The exceptional services and modern facilities at Gajner Palace Bikaner have played crucial role in making the stay comfortable and pleasurable. The management of the hotel also upgrades the facilities and services to ascertain utmost satisfaction to the guests:
- Facilities & Services: Billiards, Library, Banquet & Conference Facilities, Horse Riding, Money Exchange, Travel Desk, Doctor on Call, Bar, Internet, Restaurant, Railway Station Transfers, Puppet Show and Folk Dances, Cars/Limousines for Hire, Safety Lockers, Nature Walks, Cycling, Laundry & Dry-cleaning, Tennis Courts, etc.
|The Lavish Historic Suites of Gajner Palace
|There are 13 historic suites in Gajner Palace, Bikaner
|Imperial Terrace – Gajner Palace, Bikane
|How to book:
You may find even more details and book this heritage hotel in Rajasthan by visiting the website Heritage Hotels of India
and then to the detail page of Gajner Palace Bikaner
Contributed By Neelam Talreja