Sometimes we drop out our plan for next time and sometimes there is no next time. Yes, here is the golden opportunity for the Desi people who want to satisfy their luxurious holiday cravings. After the breakdown of the international tourist movement due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Palace On Wheels dropped all its journeys in March and April, and also it could not begin the journeys in the new season starting from September till date.
Palace On Wheels is a profit-making outfit of Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation (RTDC), which, in a revenue-sharing arrangement, runs the train between September and April every year. Over 90% of the tourists in the 84-seat capacity train are foreign nationals or NRIs.
The announcement made by Alok Gupta, the chairman and managing director of Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation (RTDC), that there is a plan to run the train for domestic tourists or groups for three months starting from February is something great news for domestic travelers.
According to the chairman and managing director (RTDC), With a minimum booking of 27 guests for a trip, the journey can be started again. So, Palace On Wheels is now offering domestic tourists a golden chance to enjoy a royal journey by creating new itineraries and allowing great discounts on tickets.
What is the deal on Wheels?
- RTDC has created two itineraries keeping in mind the interests of the domestic tourists.
- There will be a 30% discount on fares for domestic travelers as compared to the earlier rates.
- In the three-day itinerary with Places On Wheels, the train will take tourists from Delhi to Jaipur, Sawai Madhopur, Agra, and back to Delhi.
- In the four-day itinerary with Places On Wheels, Udaipur will be an added destination after Jaipur.
What about the discount and rate charts?
- For February and March, the per-day rates after a 30% discount come to INR 94,248 for a couple in a super deluxe cabin.
- INR 52,360, and INR 34,034 per person will be charged in single and double occupancy seats respectively after a 30% discount.
What about the off-season?
As April is considered off-season, rates will be lower as compared to February and March.
What will be the rate in April then?
- The per-day rates for April after a 30% discount come to INR 70,686 for a couple in a super deluxe cabin.
- Similarly, INR 42,840, and INR 26,180 per person will be charged in single and double occupancy seats respectively after a 30% discount.
Another senior RTDC official also said that the corporation is assured that there will be demand from corporate houses, schools, colleges, and socially-connected groups besides individual tourists.