Monsoons in India are much awaited for the relief they bring from the scorching heat of summer. It is the time when nature is at its supreme but it also augurs a hard time for vacationers and in some destinations it is the end of the holiday season. Notwithstanding the hardships that monsoon brings, many plan their holiday in India during this particular season. Monsoon not only bring the best of nature but also means significant discounts when it comes to accommodation and traveling.
|Travel Tips for Monsoon Holidays in India: Nature dons the charming green hues during monsoon season in India
So if you are planning to take a break from your hectic working schedules, the monsoon season is ideal for that leisure. SOme destinations such as Ladakh offer amazing experience to those looking for extended vacations. Monsoon could be a great opportunity for those who want to escape from the flooded streets, traffic jams and usual drudgery of lives which become pronounced in this season.
- While travelling during the monsoon season is to pack well. The clothing items that are essential in your bags are raincoat and umbrella. Synthetic Clothes are the best option for travelers as they dry out quickly. Don’t forget to carry rain-proof boots and luggage bags with you.
- Diseases are common during the monsoon season. A medical kit is a must in your luggage with some antibiotics. The smallest symptom of early sickness found during vacations needs to be consulted with the local doctor immediately.
- Always carry a mosquito repellent and sleep full-clothed to protect your body against mosquito bites in the night. Fever, severe cold and headache are few signs of Malaria, just be alert about it.
- Beware about the contaminated food and water. It could be a monsoon hazard. Always stick to the bottle of boiled or mineral water, eat properly cooked food, and wash fruits carefully. Better stick to hot beverages such as tea and coffee which are rather safer than cold drinks and juices.
- If you are travelling with self-owned or hired road vehicle take prior report about the weather and road conditions of the planned tourist destination. Keep spares handy while traveling long distances.
- You should keep the phone numbers of your acquaintances to make a contact if you get stuck in some flooded area in between your destination. Try to ensure that your family and friends know where you are and where you plan to go next.
- Keeping a hair dryer is an added advantage in monsoon. It helps you avoid catching a cold from wet hair and you can dry your clothes as well.
|Monsoon holidays in India: Mandu is one of the most breathtaking and relatively unknown destinations during monsoon in India adding to its pristine appeal
And while you are out traveling during monsoon you should – at least once – try to savor the rain. There are destinations like Ladakh
which are free of monsoon and considered ideal destination but then there are destinations such as Mandu in Madhya Pradesh, which comes alive in monsoon and offer a most fascinating travel experience. But what matters most during your India tours during monsoon is that you are prepared when you are out traveling during monsoon in India and keeping safe and healthy is most integral part of any travel plan. Monsoon can be a most rejuvenating season to travel in India as you are free of the jostling crowd and many of the usual dampeners.