Travelling on board a luxury train is an extraordinary experience evocative of an age of elegant traveling when the maharajas of India travelled the land in regal pomp on occasions of state visits, leading a hunting or personal occasions.
A tour aboard a luxury train ensures memorable and stimulating journeys along with getting a grand treatment like the erstwhile Kings and Queens. All the luxury trains in the world are equipped with modern amenities and offer flawless hospitality.
Recently, Condé Nast Traveller announced the winners in the category of most luxurious trains in the world. And here are the winners of the prestigious Readers’ Travel Awards 2020.
- Belmond British Pullman, Europe
- Palace on Wheels, India
- Belmond Andean Explorer, South America
- El Transcantabrico Gran Lujo, Europe
- The Ghan, Australia
- Inca Rail, South America
- Seven Stars in Kyushu, Japan
- Maharajas’ Express, India
- The Pride of Africa – Rovos Rail, Africa
- Belmond Hiram Bingham, South America