Beginners Guide to Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh, rightly dubbed as “Land of the Gods”, is one of the beautiful hill states inland with Jammu and Kashmir to the north, the plateau to the east and Punjab to the west. Beautiful valleys, apple orchards, dense green deodar forests, snow-capped peaks, snow fed lakes, etc., are some of the attracting features of the state.
The state also served as a summer retreat for British and thus, the colonial influence is clearly visible in the architecture. The state is a favorite destination for nature lovers and also tempts adventure seekers as there are various sport activities organized.
To enjoy the best of the Himachal, there are various tour packages available. IndianLuxuryTrains.com is an online travel portal where you can book some amazing tour such as Himachal Sojourn, Magical Himachal Tour, Trans Himalayan Tour, and Himachal Heritage Tour. These tour packages are tastefully crafted to help vacationers enjoy the best of Himachal Pradesh at amazing deals.
Where to Stay in Himachal?
Accommodation in Himachal Pradesh is not the topic of worrying. There are numerous hotels available to provide first-class accommodation to the guests meeting their personal preference. There also are a few of the Bungalows, build during British, used as heritage hotels in Himachal. Location of every hotel is praiseworthy as nature surrounds the location at its best. Some of the hotels also provide provision of tents to help travelers enjoy outdoors. Apart from the heritage and luxury hotels, there also are budget hotels to meet the budgetary preferences of the guests.
I am in Himachal. What should I eat?
Apart from nature, sumptuous food is another tempting attribute of Himachal. One can find delicious Punjabi and Tibetan culinary delights. Very spicy food is the personal preference of locals in Himachal. Sidu, made from flour and relished with butter or key, is one of the famous cuisine of the state. Patande is also one of the popular dishes of the state. This dish is prepared from wheat. Non-vegetarian dishes are simply not to be missed. The raw meat, when cooked with spices such as cloves, coriander leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, and chilies, is tempting enough to satisfy the appetite.
What are the best places to visit in Himachal?
The geographical diversities are one of the major reasons that make it a true paradise for travelers with different preferences such as honeymoon, adventure, nature trail, etc. Hill-towns like Manali, Chamba and Shimla are ideal for honeymooners. On the other hand, there are destinations that temp adventure lovers enjoy thrilling activities like river rafting, paragliding, trekking, skiing and ice skating. The state is also dotted with numerous temples, monasteries, churches and architectural splendors that make visiting a memorable experience.
What are the Special Features about Himachal?
- Angling Festival: Himachal becomes a sought-after travel destination due to the Angling Festival. Angling is a spot that involves catching fish. An angle or hook is used to catch the fish.
- Great Himalayan Marathon: The marathon begins from Shimla and is generally scheduled in the month of September or October. The marathon route goes through beautiful hilly villages and breathtaking alpine forests. The participant needs to be medically fit to be the part of this high altitude run.
- Heli Skiing: This is one of the expensive winter sports. Near to Manali is an ideal area to enjoy Heli Skiing. The area is surrounded by Rohtang Pass, Chanderkhani Pass, Tibba, and Deo Tibba.
- Ice Skating Carnival: Ice Skating Carnival is one of the major attractions for tourists from all across. The event is organized in Shimla Dalhousie. As the snow becomes tough, firm and dry, thus the area becomes ideal for skating.
- Paragliding Festival: The festival is a big draw for tourists during summer months. The most likely month, scheduled for the festival is October. This is the best time to visit Himachal Pradesh as the climate is pleasant and clam.